Overall Job Purpose
Department: Sr. Mgr／AD, Market Research 4
Project Location(s): Tokyo
Education: BA/BS degree
- Interacts successfully with internal brand teams consisting of members of senior management by providing timely and accurate data and analysis.
- Defines appropriate methodology for Market Research projects, reviewing discussion guides and screening criteria.
- Monitors the research and analysis of the Company’s moderately complex markets, competition and product mix.
- Manages multiple highly complex projects and priorities requiring strategic analysis and planning.
- Works on issues of where analysis of situation and or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Compiles and analyze moderately complex statistical data on past sales and trends to forecast future trends.
- Serves as a member of a product life cycle team, participating in the development of Market Research’s strategy for a brand promotional plan.
- Operates in a matrix team to conduct highly complex quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research.
- Selects, reviews and recommends primary and secondary market research agencies.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function if applicable.
Handle secondary research data such as JPM, JDI, DDD, ScripTrac, etc. to analyze
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Excellent in strategic analysis and planning with the ability to work with and manage demands and expectations from multiple internal customers.
- Extensive knowledge of the role of Market Research and expertise in core business areas are a must.
- Excellent communication skills with a well-developed ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, to lead change, and to lead and mentor others are required.
- Must have a strong presence with ability to command respect through exercise of sound business judgment and clear decision making.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities including budgeting and actual spend against budget is required.
- In-depth experience with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., IMS, Ultmarc, etc.) is required.
- Must possess extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research.
- Possess strong project management skills with an ability to lead and mentor others.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities including project timelines and budgets.
- Possess proven analytical and modeling skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate methodology, analysis, findings and recommendations.
- Ability to successfully direct the work of Market Research personnel and interact effectively with individuals outside of Market Research and Commercial Operations.
- Excellent planner with ability to formulate, develop and execute Market Research goals and objectives.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work with external agencies, including vendors to develop programs and materials.
- 8+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including 5+ years of market research, strategic analysis and planning experience and a BA/BS degree.
- Experience in franchise-specific market and experience with global sales and marketing organizations is preferred.
- Experience in life sciences, healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotech industry strongly preferred.
- Working experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and with pharmaceutical data sources is required.
Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research is required.